** IMPORTANT NOTICE : Any runner who knowingly competes using another athletes race number will be disqualified from the Hill and Dale Series and all future NAC organised events. This could have serious implications for runner, marshals, race organisers and other competitors. **
Race 2 of the Series will take place on Thursday 24th April in Tollymore Forest Park.
- Please be aware that the course is NOT the same as last year and part of the race will be on the open mountain. It will follow the same route as the ‘old monument’ course.
- Please bring full body cover and be prepared to carry it if necessary. An announcement will be made prior to the race start to let you know what kit is mandatory.
- Registration will open at 6:15pm and close at 7:15pm. Race will start at the Monument at 7:30pm sharp.
- If you forgot to hand in your number last week please bring it with you on Thursday night to registration.
- All numbers must be handed in after the race. A container will be available at the finish for collection of numbers.
- Car parking in Tollymore Forest Park will be free for all competitors and everyone is asked to use the carparks. Parking on grass verges is strictly prohibited.
- If you have not already registered please download this Entry Form, complete it and bring it with you to registration.
Senior Race 1 Results
Senior Race 1 Photos by Ryan McDonald Photography and Graham McCauley
Report by Dale Hilland
Last Thursday the first of the eleven race Hill & Dale series got underway. In ideal conditions 276 runners took to the line. In traditional fashion the whistle blew at 7.30pm and the race was on. Seamus Lynch led the field up to the Castle and took the hard left at Morgan’s turn, picking up the pace downhill and onto the Forest roads. By the Cypress Ponds the field had strung out with Lynch looking strong. Continue reading
Please note that Online Registration is now CLOSED
Those who have registered online can collect their number and pay their entry fee from 6:30pm – 7:15pm on race night. Limited entries on the day will be taken from 7:15 – 7:25pm at an additional cost.
List of Entries HERE
Open mountains, an open field; the 2014 Hill & Dale will be as competitive as ever
2014 Hill & Dale Series Preview by Bogusboy
Thursday 17th April sees the return of the ever-popular Newcastle AC promoted Hill & Dale Series. Now, incredibly, in its 26th year the series continues to grow and is more appealing than ever to runners of all abilities, with, in particular, ever increasing numbers of ladies embracing the challenge. 2013 was a vintage year when the series broke all records in terms of the number of competitors, the numbers completing the series and the quality of bitter diatribes bestowed upon the athletes at the start and at the end of the races by the organisers – all part and parcel of a Thursday night out in the beautiful scenery of county Down!!! Continue reading
The 2014 Hill and Dale Race Series will start on Thursday 17th April.
Full list of races can be seen HERE.
Online Registration will open soon.
As a gesture of thanks, all the volunteers who helped at this year’s Hill and Dale Series are invited to Toscano Pizzeria on Saturday 19th October at 8pm. Please pass this on to anyone you know who helped out.