IMPORTANT NOTICE : Any runner who knowingly competes using another athletes race number, without a number or without registering at the start of each race will be banned from the Hill and Dale Series and all future NAC organised events. Anyone not following this rule is putting others lives at risk. The race organisers must know who starts and finishes each race, to ensure all runners are accounted for and no one is lost on the hills.
Hill & Dale Safety Notice
The next three H&D all involve open mountain. For safety reasons water proof jackets, whistle and compass are required. Routes are not marked, navigation skills may be required. Cut-off times will also be strictly enforced as a reasonable level of fitness is required, as a guide runners should be capable of 10k on the flat in 50 minutes.
At Luke’s Race all runners must cross the Trassey River within 18 minutes (approx. 1 mile) or they will be turned back.
Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Online Registration closed on Tuesday 21st May at 9pm. It will reopen after Race 6.
No entries will be accepted on the day.
Junior Hill & Dale Races
Newcastle AC have introduced 3 Junior Hill & Dale races into the series. Click here to learn more.
- Water will no longer be provided after each race. A reusable bottle will be issued with your number this year.
- No pins will be provided with your race number, please use the clips or bring your own pins.
- Locations may have no or limited toilet facilities. Toilets can be used at race Pub’s before and after. Please make arrangements before your travel.
Please note the Slieve Donard Race is not part of the 2019 Hill & Dale Series.
Further Details on the 2019 Slieve Donard Race can be found by CLICKING HERE.
Entry Fee is payable on day of race.
Juniors (Aged 16-18): £5 Entry Fee for Race 10 will be a donation to charity.
All races start at 7.30pm SHARP. Entries close at 7.15pm.
- Safety equipment required for races: compass, whistle, full body cover comprising of waterproof jacket with hood and trousers, hat and gloves (Click Here to view the Fell Running Association rules) which must be brought to ALL H&D races.
- Non-compliance with safety equipment rules will result in disqualification from the series or from the race.
- Waterproof jacket and trousers are mandatory for all races.
- NO headphones or ear pieces of any description are allowed for safety reasons.
- All runners must report to the finish.
- Reasonable fitness levels needed – cut off times will apply at the discretion of the organisers.
- All efforts should be made by runners to car share, and park safely at all races.
- All numbers must be worn on front of vest and not on shorts.
- Please try to pin your number on as flat as possible.
- Please do not fold numbers.
- At your 1st race you will be issued with a barcoded race number
- Always make sure your number is scanned before the start of each race, if you don’t you will not appear in the results and be disqualified from the series.
- Please ensure your barcode is visible and scannable at the finish line. Make sure your arms or hands are not in the way e.g stopping a watch.
- Look after your number, there is a £5 charge for replacement.
The use of barcoding and looking after your numbers is to help reduce the workload of the volunteers involved with the series. Thank-you for your support.
Any queries should be emailed to email@example.com