Date: Saturday 11 May 2019
Entries Open from: 12:30pm
Grid Reference: 377308
Entry Fee: £10
Minimum age: 16
No Entries on the day. Register online before Thursday 9th May at 9pm if you wish to take part.
If you have already registered for the Hill & Dale Series, you DO NOT need to register again for the Slieve Donard Race – we will be using the same barcoded numbers!
Entries will be taken in the Newcastle Centre, using the same barcoded numbers as Newcastle AC’s Hill & Dale Series.
- Safety equipment required for the race: compass, whistle, full body cover comprising of waterproof jacket with hood and trousers, hat and gloves. Click Here to view the Fell Running Association rules.
- Competitors not carrying the safety equipment will not be permitted to start. Non-compliance with safety equipment rules will result in disqualification from the race.
- NO headphones or ear pieces of any description are allowed for safety reasons.
- All runners must report to the finish.
- Reasonable fitness levels needed – cut off times will apply at the discretion of the organisers.
- All efforts should be made by runners to car share, and park safely.
The route is the same as last year. The race starts on Newcastle Main Street, turning into Donard Car Park at the entrance next to O’Hares Bar. The route isn’t marked, navigation skills or knowledge of the course will be required, in particular on the descent. The following points must be visited, numbers will be checked by marshal’s at the following points.
Saddle: 351280 Cut off at 15.30
Summit: 357277 Barcode recorded
Quarry Gate: 371293
1st Bridge: 373300
The route will be marked from the 1st Bridge, following the tarmac road before entering the top gate to the finish on the football fields near the Pavilion.
Barcodes will be recorded at the summit and finish, this applies to all competitors and is not optional, in particular at the summit. Scanning is required for safety reasons as well as working out times. Numbers must be on display and made easy for the marshals to scan, anyone not complying will be disqualified.
Any one not completing the course must report to the finish, to ensure all competitors are accounted for.
Presentation will take in O’Hares Bar at 5pm.
Strava Route: Click the button below to view the route.