Online Registration will open on Monday 25th September 2023 at 18:00.
Pairs Team Race – Saturday 30th December 2023, Start 13.00
- This year all finishers will receive a medal. The medal was designed by students at Shimna Integrated College.
- Cash prizes for first three teams, Men, Women & Mixed.
- Cash prize for first team outside top three in following age categories (combined age on day of race): 80 -99, 100-119, 120-139 and 140+ Men, Women & Mixed.
- Spot prizes for best fancy dress.
- Soup and rolls are available in the hall after the race for all participants!
Event Information and rules:
- Entry limit of 750 teams.
- No entries taken on race day.
- No refunds are available.
- Team changes can be made until 5pm on Monday 26th December. Please note changes WILL NOT be accepted via Email/Private Facebook Message etc.
- No bottled water at finish, please make your own arrangements.
- A team of two is required and both must cross the finish line together. Each team will be given race numbers at registration, and labeled runner A and B. The race number for runner A will have a barcode. The barcode on runner A will be scanned at the finish line to calculate the results.
- All runners must be over 16.
- Registration is in Castlewellan GAC, 21 Circular Road, Castlewellan, Co Down, BT31 9ED.
- Course is approx. 8.5miles, on roads, fields and forest tracks in and around Castlewellan. Cut-off at 14.30 at approx. 4 miles for safety. Winning team expected to finish at 13.50.
- No dogs, headphones or prams allowed at event.
- Changing facilities and showers are available.
- Please note that there will be no further entries available on race day.
- When registering, it is essential that you check you have entered the correct details. Failure to provide accurate information when completing or amending your Entry Form may result in disqualification from all future Newcastle AC organised events.
Any queries should be sent to email@example.com