Thursday 16 June 2022
Registration Open from 6:30pm to 7:15pm Meelmore Lodge
Presentation 9.30pm: Greenan’s Hilltown Road
Entry Fee: £10 attached, £12 unattached
Minimum age: 16
No Entries on the day.
Series Registration required for H&D race number, same number for each race.
Register online before Tuesday 14 June at 9pm if you wish to take part.
This is a technically challenging race, good levels of fitness are required (50 min for 10k) and navigational skills, in particular if the weather is poor or turns poor quickly (as has happened in the past). There are cut off times that will be enforced in the interest of the health and safety of all competitors and marshals. Cut-off at 20 minutes at Spellack Cairn. Athletes will be escorted back to the finish by the designated marshals.
Full body cover must be carried, irrespective of the weather conditions at the beginning of the race. There will be kit checks at the start and finish of the race. Runners who fail the kit check at the finish will be disqualified.
Link to Route: https://www.komoot.com/tour/751336773?ref=wtd
Mourne Wall must not be crossed
Start and Finish 307307
|CP3||Spellack Cairn||312294 cut off 7.50pm|
- Safety equipment required for the race: compass, whistle, waterproof full body cover comprising of jacket (with hood and taped seams) and trousers, hat and gloves. Click Here to view the Fell Running Association rules. Any updates to the mandatory kit will be communicated at race registration.
- Competitors not carrying the safety equipment will not be permitted to start. Non-compliance with safety equipment rules will result in disqualification from the race.
- Runners take primary responsibility for their own safety, health and wellbeing in the mountains.
- No headphones or earpieces of any description are allowed for safety reasons.
- No running/trekking poles permitted.
- Reasonable fitness levels needed – cut off times will apply at the discretion of the organisers. Runners are to comply with instructions issued by race organisers and marshals on the course. If a runner does not follow instructions this will result in disqualification from the race.
- All efforts should be made by runners to park safely, respect the environment, and leave no trace.
- All runners must report to the finish, to ensure all competitors are accounted for.
- Do not take part if you have any Covid symptoms as per Government advice.
- Please bring own pins