** IMPORTANT NOTICE : Any runner who knowingly competes using another athletes race number, without a number or without registering at the start of each race will be banned from the Hill and Dale Series and all future NAC organised events.
Anyone not following this rule is putting others lives at risk.
The race organisers must know who starts and finishes each race, to ensure all runners are accounted for and no one is lost on the hills.**
Best 6 From 11 To Count
Entry Fee is payable on day of race.
Affiliated club member : £8 per Race
Unattached / non affiliated clubs : £10 per race
Juniors 16 and over and under 20 competing in senior race : £3.
Entry Fee for race 11 will be a donation to charity. Details to follow.
- Safety equipment required for races: compass, whistle, full body cover (* see note below) which should be brought to ALL races.
- Waterproof jacket and trousers will be mandatory for races 2-10.
- NO headphones or ear pieces of any description are allowed for safety reasons
- All runners must report to the finish.
- Reasonable fitness levels needed – cut off times will apply at the discretion of the organisers.
- All efforts should be made by runners to car share, and park safely at all races.
* Please see link here to Fell Running Association (FRA) rules.
‘Best Practice Kit’ is the mandatory minimum for AL, AM and BL races, and Race Organisers may require it to be carried at other categories of event.
‘Best Practice Kit’ comprises:-
Waterproof whole body cover, hat, gloves, map of the route, compass, whistle, emergency food.
Your waterproof whole body cover must have taped seams and an attached hood. The Race Organiser may check your kit before you are allowed to register, or at any time during the race. If the kit list can be relaxed it will be, but don’t risk being turned away from the event. Runners often question whether this level of kit is necessary – the kit is not needed when you are running strongly, but for a runner stopped because of injury or tiredness it could be a life-saver, either for you or for someone else in difficulties.