Race Preview by Bogusboy
Please note, other sessions may be available on Tuesdays. Keep an eye on our social media channels for such details.
All sessions begin at 6:30pm
Please note that the Tuesday sessions taking place in Newcastle will be replicated in Castlewellan each week for those trying to stay away from the roads. Meeting at 6:30 at Hillyard House every Tuesday.
|Date||Session||Location (Meeting Place)|
|10 December||Club 5 mile Annual Christmas Club Handicap||Newcastle Centre|
1. The 5 mile handicap is on Tuesday 10 December. Meeting at Newcastle Centre at 6:30pm. PLEASE WEAR HI-VIZ. There will be a cup of tea and a few treats afterwards in BASE. To date we have 37 members signed up for this event.
2. Any outstanding monies for club coats ordered for Christmas need to be paid this week. The order will not be collected until full payment can be made.
3. The club Christmas Dinner is at 7:30pm sharp on Saturday evening. Why not get in the mood with a club parkrun on Saturday morning?
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Acorns AC have had to postpone the Mighty Oaks XC this weekend.
The event will hopefully be rescheduled and will still remain a part of the ANI XC League. More details will be available shortly.
Once ANI have the rescheduled date, they will advise us of this and arrange any refunds as required.
1. Any outstanding monies for club coats ordered needs to be paid to Joe McCann ASAP.
2. The Annual 5 Mile Club Christmas Handicap is on Tuesday 10 December. Anyone wishing to take part can register tonight at club training. Those not attending can register be emailing or texting Joe or Jerome (please note that Jerome’s email – firstname.lastname@example.org is currently unavailable for technical reasons. We need to know in advance who is taking part to make sure we have our handicapping ready.
The club annual Christmas Dinner is on Saturday 14 December at 7:30pm in O’Hares Newcastle.
The Online Booking Form will close on Monday 2nd December at 5pm. No bookings will be taken after this deadline.
The cost of the meal is £22 (£6 supplement for beef), £12 of which is paid by the club. The cost to members is therefore only £10.
Please note, a Clubforce account has been created for all members using their email address provided when joining the club. If you haven’t logged into Clubforce before, please select “Reset Password” when trying to login. A link will be sent to your email to set your password.
If you are using a different email address to the one provided when joining, please select “Create an Account” and follow the instructions.
Please email email@example.com if you have any problems.
Congratulations to all the Newcastle AC members who took part in the Irish Life Health National Cross Country Championships in Abbotstown over the weekend.
Tom Crudgington finished 24th out of 128 in the U16 Boys Race, and also won a bronze medal as part of the Co-Down team!
In the Senior Mens Race, Eoghan Totten was 16th, Zak Hanna 31st and Seamy Lynch 62nd. Well done everyone!
At the closing date of Friday 15th November, there were 2 applications with supporting evidence for the 2 club entries to the London Marathon 2020. Therefore, there is no need for a ballot this year.
Congratulations to Stephen Knight and Niall Carson on their successful applications and good luck in London next April.