Thursday 5th August 2021
Registration Open from 6:30pm to 7:15pm
Entry Fee: £10 attached, £12 unattached
Minimum age: 16
No Entries on the day.
Register online before Tuesday 3rd August at 9pm if you wish to take part.
Full body cover must be carried, irrespective of the weather conditions at the beginning of the race. There will be kit checks at the start and finish of the race. Runners who fail the kit check at the finish will be disqualified.
Route Direction is Clockwise (Ott First).
- Start/Finish/Registration: 277268
- CP1: 284270 – Ott summit (cut-off 20min)
- CP3: 295273 – Slieve Loughshannagh Summit
- CP4: 303263 – Doan summit
- CP5: 294257 – Lake corner
- CP6: 288260 – Carn Summit
This is a technically challenging race, good levels of fitness are required (50 min for 10k) and navigational skills, in particular if the weather is poor or turns poor quickly (as has happened in the past). There are cut off times that will be enforced in the interest of the health and safety of all competitors and marshals. Cut-off at 20 minutes on Ott summit. Athletes will be escorted back to the finish by the designated marshals if continuing raises safety concerns.
- Safety equipment required for the race: compass, whistle, full body cover comprising of waterproof jacket with hood and trousers, hat and gloves. Click Here to view the Fell Running Association rules.
- Competitors not carrying the safety equipment will not be permitted to start. Non-compliance with safety equipment rules will result in disqualification from the race.
- NO headphones or ear pieces of any description are allowed for safety reasons.
- All runners must report to the finish.
- Reasonable fitness levels needed – cut off times will apply at the discretion of the organisers.
- All efforts should be made by runners to car share, and park safely.
- Any one not completing the course must report to the finish, to ensure all competitors are accounted for.
- Do not take part if you have any Covid symptoms as per Government advice.
- Please bring own pins