Exciting News – Juniors aged 13 to 18!
Newcastle AC are holding a Junior Mountain Running Training Day in Tollymore Mountain Centre on Monday 1st July 2019
Newcastle AC will host the NIMRA and IMRA junior teams as well as junior athletes from our club.
Now that summer is here, we would love if you would be free to come along and enjoy this exciting day to begin your summer holidays!
You don’t need to have run in the mountains to attend!
Location – Tollymore National Outdoor Centre, 32 Hilltown Road, Bryansford, Newcastle, BT33 0PZ
Date – Monday 1st July 2019
Time – 10:00am – 5:30pm
Cost – £15 paid on the day (including lunch and activities – kindly subsidised by the club)
Kit to bring
- Running gear – trail shoes if you have them.
- Change of clothes if it rains.
- Water Bottle.
- Notebook and pencil
Waterproofs will be provided by the centre if required when doing activities outside.
Highlights planned for the day:-
- Uphill & Downhill running technique workshop – highlighting key areas for development.
- Problem solving and team building challenges
- Talks from 3 elite athletes who have competed at World Championships in various running disciplines including an opportunity to ask questions.
- Core workout and technique workshop.
- Advice regarding safety in the hills
- 5 mile run with Zak Hanna around Tollymore to finish (this is optional, as it will be a hilly training run so a good level of fitness is required)
The training day has limited space so…..
If you plan to attend, please e-mail or text Phil Hodge to confirm your place.
(Please indicate any allergies to make the kitchen aware of in advance.)
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07730682341